Dynamics 365 for Marketing delivers comprehensive capabilities for creating and running multi-channel campaigns to generate leads for your sales team using simple drag-and-drop design tools.
In the October ’18 release, new capabilities include account-based marketing and deeper LinkedIn integration. The marketing app also supports additional languages and is available in more markets.
These key areas of investment are designed to help you optimize your marketing efforts:
• Intelligence integrated into the app means marketers can build custom dashboards using Power BI to leverage data from various apps, marketing interactions, and other data sources. Combine these analytics with social listening, which monitors brand awareness and sentiment on social networks, to get the full picture and evaluate the success of your campaigns—all right on the visual customer journey canvas.
• Personalized marketing experiences are fine-tuned for both users and prospects. Account-based marketing helps close more deals by targeting specific accounts that are most likely to generate revenue. Content management is supported at block level with role-based editing privileges. The new marketing calendar provides a quick overview of all scheduled journeys and events to help marketers plan better.
• More integrations with Microsoft offerings include video marketing with Microsoft Stream, and deeper LinkedIn integration extends into marketing automation.
• Fundamental improvements provide improved performance, and greater scalability and throughput of email marketing services. The segmentation user interface has been enhanced to improve usability and performance for the most common scenarios.
All features in this release will be available on the commercial cloud in all markets supported by the Dynamics 365 for Marketing app. For status, please refer to the summary of what’s new in Dynamics 365 for Marketing.
What’s new in Dynamics 365 for Marketing
|Feature||Release type||Target release month|
|Account-based marketing||General Availability||October 2018|
With account-based marketing, business-to-business (B2B) marketers can use Dynamics 365 for Marketing to target each business account as a single unit, thus increasing integration and alignment between the sales and marketing departments.
Account-based marketing scenarios enable sales and marketing to close more deals by targeting specific accounts—those that are most likely to generate the largest revenue.
Account-based marketing tailors demand generation and messaging for a specific set of accounts to ensure relevance and value for them, and for your salespeople. Account-based marketing can help organizations to:
• Align sales and marketing departments by mapping marketing activity to account strategies.
• Increase return on investment by removing waste and focusing on targeted, high-value accounts.
• Increase account relevance by providing personalized and compelling content.
• Generate efficiency by identifying specific contacts at specific companies within a specific market. Account-based marketing can:
• Identify and create segments of high-value accounts.
• Identify key stakeholders to reach within each account.
• Create personalized content, such as emails, based on account.
• Generate account-level leads and nurture them through the demand-generation funnel.
• Continuously measure account engagement and optimize your messaging.