Inventory management is the backbone of a successful business, and Dynamics 365 Business Central offers robust tools to help organizations effectively control their stock. Among these tools, the ‘Inventory Value Zero’ feature on the Item Card is a powerful asset. It allows you to track and manage items with zero inventory value efficiently. In this blog post, we will explain deeper into the practical steps and benefits of maintaining this feature in Dynamics 365 Business Central.
What is ‘Inventory Value Zero’ feature?
The ‘Inventory Value Zero’ feature in Dynamics 365 Business Central is a configuration option that empowers businesses to monitor items with no current inventory value. This feature enables organizations to gain better control over their inventory, improve financial accuracy, and optimize decision-making.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on effectively maintaining and utilizing the ‘Inventory Value Zero’ feature:
Module > Search > Items
- Using Personalization/design from setting, drag and drop the field in item card.
2. Enable the Inventory Value Zero toggle in Item card.
3. Create Purchase Order and post the invoice for the item with Direct Unit cost.
4. In item ledger entries and Value entries for the item cost has been updated as 0 for purchase transaction.
5. In Value Entries for Purchase transaction.
6. Here, for the below item, Sales invoice has been created and posted but, in this case, cost has been updated in item ledger entries and value entries.
7. In value entries for Sales transaction, it is showing the cost of the items.
In value entries for Sales transaction, it is showing the cost of the items.
Maintaining the ‘Inventory Value Zero’ feature on the Item Card in Dynamics 365 Business Central is a valuable tool for effective inventory management. It allows you to keep track of items with zero inventory value, improving inventory visibility, financial accuracy, and overall operational efficiency. By enabling this feature and proactively managing items with zero inventory value, your organization can make more informed decisions, reduce costs, and provide better customer service, ultimately contributing to long-term success in today’s competitive business landscape.