Dynamics 365 Remote Assist is a mixed-reality solution available on HoloLens for first-line workers to collaborate with remotely located personnel, to more effectively and efficiently get their jobs done. The product was released for general availability in October 2018 for HoloLens, October 2019 for mobile (Android and iOS), and November 2019 for HoloLens 2.
Dynamics 365 Remote Assist is used in the following scenarios:
- Maintenance, repair, and operations: Enable customers to run their operations more efficiently through remote collaboration for project implementations and reviews, interactive walks, break/fix, and so on.
- Technician success: Improve field technicians’ mean time to repair by enabling access to remote experts for advice or to relevant data in a heads-up, hands-free setting.
- Asset capture and audits: Save time and travel costs by using remote asset capture; heads-up, hands-free access to inspection checklists; and real-time evidence capture.
For the 2020 release wave 1, we’re focused on the following areas:
- Enabling features that support break/fix scenarios, such as video recording or file sharing.
- Introducing new capabilities beyond performing Teams calls around asset capture by using spatial markup.
- Expanding integration with Dynamics 365 Field Service by allowing richer information to flow in the work orders.