Dynamics 365 Business Central provides a comprehensive business-application solution designed and optimized for small and mid-sized organizations. Since its launch in April 2018, Business Central has seen increasing adoption by organizations looking to digitally transform their businesses. For 2020 release wave 1, Business Central investments center on service fundamentals to meet the demands of a rapidly growing customer base, enhanced user productivity, geographic expansion, and top customer-requested features. Improvements in migration tools reflect the prioritization of bringing on-premises Dynamics GP, Dynamics SL, and Dynamics NAV customers to Business Central online.
- Service fundamentals: Performance, reliability, and supportability are at the core of the business. This wave focuses on service quality and accessibility. This wave also brings the results of a material top-to-bottom investment in Business Central service security.Partners are a critical component of the Business Central ecosystem; this wave brings telemetry visibility for partners through Azure Insights. We are delivering top partner-requested improvements to the integration with Common Data Service to improve the extensibility of integrations with other Dynamics 365 workloads. Finally, feature flighting and support for managing deprecation of code in the AL language enable the non-disruptive future evolution of the service.
- Productivity: End-user productivity is critical. This release continues the pattern of delivering improved productivity with enhancements to the modern client experience, streamlined data entry, and requested features, such as auto-insert for recurring sales and purchase order lines.
- Geographic expansion: 2020 release wave 1 adds the ability to install multiple language translations for each tenant. Also, this wave adds localizations for Slovenia, Croatia, Latvia, Hungary, Peru, and Colombia. Localization for Brazil and India will follow in a later wave.
- Customer requested enhancements: Business Central continues to respond to top customer-enhancement requests. In addition to multiple features picked from the product Ideas portal, we are enhancing areas that receive significant feedback, such as bank reconciliation.
- Customer migration tools: To simplify the journey for existing Dynamics customers to Business Central online, we’re adding support for migration from a broader set of Dynamics GP and Dynamics NAV versions, making improvements for selective migration of Dynamics GP customers and vendors, and enhancing the Dynamics GP Chart of Account setups migration.
Together, these enhancements are designed to drive further customer adoption by empowering the migration of Dynamics GP, Dynamics NAV, and Dynamics SL customers, activating the partners who are bringing their vertical solutions to Business Central online, and further accelerating the growth of net new customers to Dynamics 365.